The Humane Society of Greene County receives no government support. Your generous donations keep our shelter doors open. Any donation is greatly appreciated. The Humane Society of Greene County is a registered 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, and your donation is deductible to the full extent of the law. The official registration and financial information of the Humane Society of Greene County may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
Multiple Ways to Give
In memory of ~
Monthly Donations through Electronic Fund Transfer
If you choose, you can have a monthly deduction made from your checking or savings account account. This is called an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Here is a form, in Adobe PDF format, that you can complete and send to us at the Shelter, to set up an EFT. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to download and print this form.
Any amount helps.
From $5 to $100, every dollar goes towards something necessary. Check out our “needs” list below to see where your donation goes.
- $5 – 50 lbs. of cat litter which will last 3 days
- $5 – $8 feeds one kitten for one week
- $10 – $20 feeds two adult dogs or cats for one week
- $12 buys 30 days worth of copy paper, computer paper and index cards
- $20 buys one week of laundry expense for animal bedding
- $15 buys one bottle of antibiotics for a cat or dog
- $15 buys one box of needles to vaccinate the animals
- $25 pays for internet access for one month
- $15 buys grooming supplies for one week
- $20 buys dish soap and bleach to clean and disinfect food bowls for one month
- $25 pays for heartworm tests for four dogs
- $60 covers gasoline expense for three weeks for cruelty investigations and trips to the vet
- $60 buys paper towels, mop heads, laundry detergent and misc cleaning supplies
- $40 buys kitten or puppy food to last approximately 2 to 3 weeks
- $40 pays for a diagnostic test for deadly diseases such as parvo, feline leukemia, or feline aids.
- $50 spays/neuters one cat
- $50 spays/neuters one dog
- $50 pays for one box of distemper combo vaccinations for dogs or cats
- $50 A Spay/Neuter Sponsorship. Help end overpopulation and aid a cat or dog in getting adopted by paying for spay or neuter costs.
- $120 One bottle of worming medicine in concentrate form.
- $100 Sponsor a cat to find its way to a loving home, to include vaccinations and spay/neuter.
- $150 Sponsor a dog to find its way to a loving home, to include vaccinations and spay/neuter.
- $350 Sponsor the work of one part-time Humane Officer for one month.
- $450 Pay our electric expense for one month.
- $1000 Monthly Medications. $1000 provides one month’s worth of medications for the shelter’s cats and dogs. We provide: vaccinations, preventive medicine, worming, antibiotics, and nutritional supplements for our animals.
- $350 Sponsor the work of one Humane Officer for one month. The Humane Society employs three Humane Officers, but all on a part-time basis. Each officer works another full-time job, and devotes about ten hours a week to the investigation of animal abuse cases. Because of their love of animals, these officers donate countless additional hours of their time and do not charge the Society for these additional hours. You can sponsor a Humane Officer’s salary, required payroll taxes, and travel mileage when using their own vehicle for a full month for $350.
- $250 Cat furniture tower; multiple sleeping, playing, and lounging places for several kitties.
- $150 Grooming clippers and blades necessary for proper grooming of pets. Proper grooming helps to get a pet adopted.
- $100 Sponsor a cat in order to find its way to a loving home.
- $100 Sponsor a dog in order to find its way to a loving home.
- $100 Magnetic signage for Humane Officer vehicles for use during abuse investigations. Currently three individuals perform Humane Officer duties on a part-time basis. We also need a Humane Officer sign for the shelter vehicle.
- $50 Spay/Neuter sponsorship. You can help end animal overpopulation and aid a cat or dog to get adopted by paying spay or neuter costs.
- $25 Pooper Scoopers. We need the industrial-quality kind. We are a heavy-duty user of these items.